The Master 2 in Information and Communications, specializing in « e-Publishing » falls within the framework of Communication Sciences
The e-Publishing specialization of the Master 2 in Information and Communication aims to provide multimedia editors with editorial, strategic and multimedia integration skills. The objective is to master creating and managing content to successfully complete editorial projects as well as implement web marketing and communication strategies.
E-Publishers are responsible for the content, editorial architecture and interface with the target audience. They must have a clear understanding of the implications of technological choices, positioning, communication strategies, and economic reasoning. They must define or help digital strategies evolve.
The degree combines techniques, creativity, communication and new multimedia expressions to facilitate acquiring an interdisciplinary culture and knowledge of information systems, editorial strategies, and digital content production
The e-Publishing specialization of the Master 2 in Information and Communications aims to provide multimedia editors with editorial, strategic and multimedia integration skills. The objective is to master creating and managing content to successfully complete editorial projects as well as implement web communication strategies (Brand Content Strategy):
• Master creating and managing content to successfully oversee every aspect of an editorial project. E-publishers are responsible for content, editorial architecture, and the interface with the target audience. They must have a clear understanding of the implications of technological choices, positioning, communication strategies, and economic reasoning.
• Analyze and design multimedia products, evaluate the effects on the target audience to propose improvements or modifications. E-publishers must define or help digital strategies evolve.
• Draft and organize various types of information and communications (text, video, image, sound) using various digital formats.
• Manage and propose solutions by incorporating new uses and innovative web technologies such as blogs, podcasts, wikis, RSS indexing, Web TV. The new Internet generation requires a fresh approach to on-line publishing.
• Master 2: by application for students with a 4-year university degree or M1 degree.
• All other students must apply through the VAE department to validate experience.
Duration of studies : 2 semestres.
New uses and innovative web technologies such as blogs, podcasts, wikis, RSS indexing, Web TV, social networks and communities which characterize the new Internet generation require a fresh approach to publishing on-line content. Emerging tools have destabilized the publishing world and new occupations have been created such as Blog, Forum, or Community Managers, Editorial Webmasters, Multimedia Communications Managers, Web TV or Podcast Producers. The objectives of this degree are tailored to the employment market and the new uses of the Internet whether collaborative, contributory, or community. Every industry is affected (construction, real estate, farming, agriculture, tourism, chemical companies, automobile, transport, health, services…)
• Communication Agencies (advertising, public relations, special events…).
• Web Agencies
• TV Channels and Radio Stations
• Advertising, Ad Space Wholesalers, Polling Organizations…
• Cell Phone Operators and Internet Service Providers
• Referencing Companies
• Educational Programs
• Distributors (e-commerce)
• Banks, Insurance Companies, and Financial Institutions
• Administrations and local Governments…
• Associations and Non-Governmental Organizations
• Multimedia Editorial Manager
• Multimedia Project Manager
• e-CRM Manager
• Electronic and Web TV Broadcasting Manager
• Community, Forum, or Blog Manager
• Editorial Webmaster
• Multimedia Communications Manager (Internal and Public)
• Web TV and Podcast Producer
• On-line Editor
• Online Content Designer
• Media Manager
• Web Scheduler
• Traffic Manager
• Referencing Manager
Unit 1 Media, Writing and Digital Fields (common to all M2 Degrees)
Understanding Socio-Technological Information and Communication Approaches
Unit 2 Multimedia Design and Production
Unit 3 WEB Writing Strategies
Web Journalism and Writing Techniques
Unit 4 Content and Strategic Communications
Publishing and Brand Content Strategies
Unit 5 Professional Project
collaborative student project
Unit 6 Internship (20 weeks)
Duration of Internship: 20 weeks. Students have access to a platform for employment and internships with over 200 offers per year. Each internship whether in Master 1 or Master 2 is supervised by a professor throughout the process (Résumés, Cover Letters, Interviews, Negotiation).
The university mentoring program involves all faculty members accompanying students during their internships. The internship is evaluated based on the student’s written report, an oral presentation, as well as the assessment of the student’s “company” tutor.
Internships may be undertaken abroad (10% of M1 students pursue their studies in a foreign country). The student’s performance is monitored via video-conferencing.
The aim of this professional Master’s Degree is to facilitate employment.
Validating Professional Experienc
Information pertaining to Validating Professional Experience can be obtained by contacting the Validation des acquis de l’Expérience (VAE) office - Bât.
Initial Education :
The standard application process includes an Application Form, Resume and Cover Letter. Applications are accepted starting in March. The application form and additional information may be found on our website: http://www.ingemedia.net ( click on “Candidature”).
Continuing Education :